If you use a Microsoft mail server to access your business email, you can usually log in using a Web browser or an email client like Microsoft Outlook. However this depends on what type of server you use. If you use a cloud-based email service such as Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Business Productivity Online, you can use either method. If you use a Microsoft Exchange Server physically located at your business, it will need to have Outlook Web Access enabled before you can log in from outside of your business network. Microsoft office email login easy steps.
1. Open a new Web browser window on your computer.
2. Type the Web address for your Microsoft office email login or Microsoft mail server in the address bar. The Web address is available from your network administrator if your business uses its own Microsoft Exchange server. If you use cloud-based email service from Microsoft, the URL will have been provided to you from Microsoft, such as “mail.office365.com” or “outlook.com.”
3. Enter your email address when prompted for an “ID” and then enter your password. Click the “Sign In” link. You will be logged in to the mail server and able to send and receive email from the browser’s window.
1. Click the “Start” button and select “Microsoft Outlook.” If you have not opened Outlook before, the Startup Wizard will open. Click “Next” to get to the Email Accounts page and click “Next” again. If the Startup Wizard doesn’t open, click the “File” tab and then click the “Add Account” button located above Account Settings. In either case, the Auto Account Setup page is now displayed.
2. Type your name in the “Your Name” text field if it doesn’t appear automatically. If a name appears but is not correct, ensure that you are logged in to the computer with the correct username. If you are logged in correctly, click the “Option” button beside “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types” and then click the “Email Account” option button to correct your name.
3. Type your business email address in the “E-mail Address” text field. Click “Next.” Outlook will attempt to contact the Exchange server.
4. Type your full email address in the “Username” text field when prompted. Type your password in the “Password” text field. Click “Next.”
5. Click “Finish” after Outlook has logged you in to the Microsoft Exchange server. It may take several minutes for email to be downloaded from the server to your computer.